Support for agriculture and rural development in ATU Gagauzia and Taraclia
The SARD Programme aims to boost the collaboration between central and local authorities, as well as among the regional organizations from ATU Gagauzia and Taraclia district, so as to foster the social-economic development of the region and of the Republic of Moldova as a whole. The Programme will contribute to development of the agro-food sector, promotion of local entrepreneurship, creation of jobs, and increasing the incomes of the population living in ATU Gagauzia and Taraclia district.
The Programme envisages the following components:
- Component 1: Enhanced Dialogue and Community Empowerment;
- Component 2: Support for local entrepreneurship initiatives and SMEs’ development;
- Component 3: Small-Scale Infrastructure Refurbishment and Promotion of Inter-Municipal Cooperation.
The proposed intervention will aim to tackle the key gaps identified in the main strategic document of the region’s development in line with “Moldova 2020” Strategy for Agriculture and Rural Development, the Strategy for SME Development 2020, as well as the National Development Strategy.
 UTAG Analysis of the economic situation and development potential (Expert Group), Gagauzia Opportunities for Investment (IDIS, LGI/OSI), Strategy for Socio Economic Development (2009-2015), Strategy for SMEs Development and Support (2012-2014)
- Enhanced cooperation in agriculture and rural development between national authorities and local authorities of ATU Gagauzia and Taraclia district
- Empowered local communities to actively participate in the decision-making process and development of their localities, as well as in integrating the needs of women and men, particularly the most vulnerable
- Strengthened rural business support infrastructure in targeted regions for SMEs development
- Promoted employability and supported local entrepreneurship in target regions, through Comrat Regional Syslab Center
- Increased access to quality public services for 40 localities and 7 clusters of localities in ATU Gagauzia and Taraclia district.
The total budget of the SARD Programme is € 6.5 million, provided by the European Union. The programme is implemented by UNDP in the period 2016-2018.